Donald Bishop, MD
Board CertifiedAccepting New Patients
Office Hours:Monday-Friday 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
- Memorial Hospital of Carbondale
- St. Joseph Memorial Hospital
Education & Training:
- Education:University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois
- Residency:University of Illinois, St. Francis Medical Center, Peoria, IL
- Fellowships: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Gynecological surgery, Well woman care, High risk pregnancy, Low intervention birth
A native southern Illinois, Dr. Bishop graduated from Rosiclare High School and attended SIU for undergraduate and graduate school. To pursue a more practical profession, Bishop attended nursing school at John A. Logan College and began working at Memorial Hospital. He was encouraged to pursue medicine by SIU medical school faculty. Over the next 10 years, he finished his medical training and returned to Carbondale as an obstetrician/gynecologist. He is married with six children.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jackson County Medical Society, Illinois State Medical Society; American Medical Association, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
Honors & Awards
- University of Illinois College of Medicine Research Award, "Instrumental Delivery" "What the Literature Shows, "Ralph L. Gibson Research Symposium, 2nd place, "Orthostatic Hypotension in Pregnancy, "Ralph L. Gibson Research Symposium, 1st place, "Association between Time of Day and Cesarean Section for Failure to Progress."