SIH Photo Contest
Help us decorate The Place
Help bring southern Illinois to life by submitting photographs to be displayed in The Place—SIH’s newest resource center coming to University Mall in 2013. The Place will be a convenient site where people can access health information needed to achieve or maintain a healthy life.
We’re asking you to use your camera to showcase what southern Illinois living means to you.
The theme for the contest is “Southern Illinois.” Images submitted should convey the beauty and benefits of living in southern Illinois. Possible subjects may include nature, events, or people (please see model section below).
- Entries will be accepted between October 15, 2012 and December 15, 2012.
- Each photographer is allowed to submit up to 10 images.
- An entry form must be completed for each photo submitted to the competition.
- Only digital submissions through the SIH web site at www.sih.net/theplace will be accepted.
- The photos must have been taken in southern Illinois (anywhere south of I-64)
- Images must be presented in a “vertical” format in a size ratio of 2:3 (e.g. 4x6, 8x12, etc.)
- The file size for each submission must be 1mb or smaller.
- File must be in jpeg format
- It is recommended that each submission is sized at 72dpi.
- Contest finalists will be required to submit an original file of 3mb or larger in jpeg format.
- Each photo must be assigned a name.
Finalists will be required to provide a model release for each identifiable person in a photo which is not a public event. It is preferred that the following SIH Model release be used:Click here to Download
Process for selection of winners
- All qualifying entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges.
- Finalists will be contacted prior to the end of January, 2013
- Winners will be contacted in March, 2013
- The winning photos will be unveiled during the grand opening of The Place in the spring of 2013.
- Prize money in the amount of $100 will be awarded for each winning photo which is selected for hanging in The Place.